ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AUSTRALIA – SA CHAPTER
MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
Thursday 16 June 2016, 9:00am – 10:30am
1 PRESENT / APOLOGIES
Present: Skana Gallery, Mick O’Neill, Greg Ratsch, Steve Davis, Mike Richards, Neil McNish, Kenneth Taplin, Louise Miller Frost
Apologies: Brian Hales
Members were advised of Kenneth Taplin’s resignation from the Management Committee effective 30 June 2016.
3 NEW BUSINESS
Skana advised that the funding submission to RDA Adelaide resulted in an offer of $5,000 rather than the $20,000 applied for. This necessitates a review of EDA-SA resources and administration arrangements.
Mike Richards moved that:
- the contract with the EDA Project Officer be ceased at the end of the probation period (SG & KT);
- that the offer of $5,000 from RDA Adelaide be accepted;
- that the Project Officer be offered a casual contract of 20 hours per month for six months with role refocused onto event logistics, some blogging support and potentially sponsor management (SG);
- committee members commit to a schedule of regular blogging and content generation for the website (All);
- clarification be sought from the national EDA board regarding the breakdown of expenditure of funds received from RDA Adelaide (NM);
- a request be made to the national EDA board to provide details regarding the balance of funds accumulated by EDA-SA that are currently held in the EDA national accounts (NM); and
- a blogging schedule be prepared for the remainder of 2016 (MR) with reminders being sent by the Polaris Business and innovation Centre (GR).
Seconded: Mick O’Neill CARRIED
4. KNOWLEDGE BANK
A general discussion was held with Steve Davis regarding future directions for the Knowledge Bank given the contract with Baker Marketing concludes on 30 June 2016.
ACTION: Steve to provide a project proposal for work program for 2016-2017 to develop EDA-SA’s advocacy role.
5. NEXT MEETING
Thursday, 21 July 2016 9.00-10.30am
LGA House – Eyre Peninsula Meeting Room
All EDA members welcomeby