MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE MEETING MINUTES
27 October 2016 2016, 9:30am – 10:20am
1 PRESENT / APOLOGIES
Present: Greg Ratsch, Neil McNish, Mick O’Neil, Dagmar Johns, Steve Davis,
Apologies: Brian Hales, Skana Gallery, Anne Moroney, Mike Richards, Louise Miller-Frost
It was noted that the meeting was inquorate.
2.1. New membership
Low Carbon Economy – Deferred to February 2017. Mick to progress around availability of Lord Mayor and John O’Brien.
End of Year – To be held at Business SA. It was decided that it would be good to have a speaker, perhaps David Cooke. Greg to speak to Skana regarding arrangements.
2.3. Knowledge Bank
Blogs still being done on a weekly basis. Dagmar to redistribute roster. Discussion ensued around the use of Twitter and Steve Davis provided an update on activity in that regard. It was suggested a brief twitter “masterclass” be conducted at an upcoming meeting.
2.4. Committee Membership
Skana has advised she is unable to continue as chairperson next year or serve on the EDA national Board. Greg advised he is unable to continue as secretary. Given two year terms, the positions held by Greg, Mick and Skana will become vacant with those people eligible to stand for re-election. A further position is vacant given the earlier resignation of Kenneth. Dagmar to circulate current membership list with a view to identifying potential committee members. Greg to speak to Skana or Brian regarding the mechanics of the process.
2.5. EDA Financial Statements
The National EDA financial statements did not separately identify the monies held for the South Australia (or indeed other states). Neil has emailed the national treasurer in relation to the matter. Neil to circulate response received to committee members.
2.6. RDA Adelaide Metropolitan Funding
RDA Adelaide has requested a brief acquittal report prior to paying the final instalment. Dagmar to progress. Steve to provide data.
2.7. EDA National Website Brief
Steve Davis excused himself from the room for this item given a direct conflict of interest.
EDA has developed a strategy document to provide context for its website development project and has sought feedback. This was discussed with specific items identified to feed back to EDA.
2.8. Project Officer
Dagmar identified she is waiting on images for the banner and agreement to proceed with the printing of the EDA (SA) information cards. Dagmar to circulate the information cards out of session for approval to proceed.
Discussion occurred on work priorities and direction for Dagmar. Greg to speak to Brian & Skana.
3 NEXT MEETING
17 November 2016, 9:30am
All members welcome