Present: Greg Ratsch, Neil McNish, Matt Grant, Kevin Lowe, Dagmar Johns, Steve Davis
Apologies: Anne Moroney, Mick O’Neill,
Chris Hannaford, Brian Hales & Sarah Scammell
In attendance: Steve Davis
2. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
3. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETING AND ACTIONS ARISING
3.1 EDA Financial Statements
Discussion around EDA SA funds in EDA national account.
Neil has sought clarification from Mark Holdsworth and William Barry of National Office with no responses to date.
– Neil will set up teleconference call with National Office
– Greg to collate ideas for increasing EDA-SA value from national involvement)
3.2 RDA Adelaide Metro Funding
Carry over to next meeting
(Action: Dagmar to follow up with Skana if the final report has been sent)
3.3 Promotional Collateral
New banner looked good at low carbon economy event.
Banner 2 to be discussed at next meeting.
Refer Item 7
4. EDA NATIONAL COMMITTEE REPRESENTATIVE NOMINATION
Awaiting feedback from Sarah re: discussion with immediate past national rep and what is involved.
5. INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT
Discussed quarterly events – to be themed
May theme to be State budget related
– Neil to scope event concept with the potential involvement of the Local Government Financing Authority, BDO, Ernst and Young
– Kevin to develop sponsorship package ideas with assistance from Sarah
– Kevin & Matt to scope industry development themes)
5.2 Discussion paper tabled
Champion members for key themed objectives of EDA as per 1 page Objectives/Priorities document developed by Greg:
– Membership – Sarah
– Industry development – Kevin & Matt
– Advocacy – Chris H
– Governance – Greg & Neil
6. NATIONAL CONFERENCE 2018
National have been advised that SA will not be bidding to host conference
New member Dermott Cussens (Stretton Centre)
– Greg to call a few members to see what they are looking for, how do we increase value to members?
– Committee to consider different levels of membership fees and how structured – discuss future meeting)
9.1 Baker Marketing
Steve from Baker Marketing discussed management of EDA-SA twitter strategy & EDA-SA website noting.
Twitter has changed product offering that now cannot be used.
Steve suggested image based quotes still most powerful and recommends to pursue on EDA-SA channels including Facebook.
All committee members sharing content through their personal accounts will substantially add to reach.
Analytics Report will be provided by Baker Marketing.
– Steve to circulate brief instructions on how to share website posts through Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn)
– Neil to ask Steve how to remove old Twitter handle, @EDASA1)
9.2 Executive Officer
Executive officer role – 4 hr per week contract expires 17th March 2017.
Committee discussed financials pending with National office and extending contract potential. Decision on contract arrangements with Baker pending resolution of financials with national office
(Action: Neil to seek approval from national board re 2 month extensions exec officer contract, pending agreement with national office on EDA-SA financial situation)
9.3 Agenda structure
10. OTHER BUSINESS
11. NEXT MEETING AND CLOSE
Wedneday 19 April 2017 LGA House