The national EDA conference, to be held in Ballarat from the 10 – 12th October this year is now calling for papers. The themes of the conference are:
- Productivity and its Importance to Prosperity – Creating an environment in which all community sectors are confident their Local Government authority has the processes and procedures in place to allow them to flourish and help build a productive and prosperous society
- Bold and Brave – Risk taking and tackling new initiatives in innovative and revolutionary ways. Meeting the expectations of an ever-expanding melting pot of industry, business and community sectors requires creative throught processes that result in innovative ideas and solutions.
For those of you who attended last year’s conference, the presentation by Deloitte highlighted the importance of productivity to growth, particularly when the other drivers; workforce participation and international pricing are low.
You are invited to take a fresh approach in your abstract submission, addressing the global trends in the sample topic streams:
- Creating an environment in which business feels confident to invest capital and resources
- Building and measuring productivity
- Striking the balance between productivity and environmental and community concerns
- Putting a whole-of-community focus on prosperity, from industry and business, to health, education and the arts.
- Dealing with disruptions to the economy e.g. rate capping
- Engaging creative and innovative thinkers to address current challenges and to prepare for the future
- Implementing ground-breaking ideas, programs and plans comes with an element of risk. How do you mitigate that risk and make it acceptable to stakeholder?
- How has the EDA directly benefited your organisation?
The abstracts should demonstrate innovation, be analytical rather than descriptive and no longer than 300 words.
The timetable is as follows:
- Abstracts open: 26 May, 2017
- Abstracts close: 16 June, 2017
- Notification to Authors: 23 June, 2017
- Author Acceptances: 7 July, 2017
- Draft Program available: 14 July, 2017
- Full papers for peer review: 11 August, 2017
So, only 8 days to get your abstracts to SamanthaMagill@ballarat.vic.gov.au